This project is solving the Solar Flare challenge.
Use a Sphero's color LED  to mimic solar flare activity data provided by the STEREO image gallery  and related data.
- Generate a macro for use by the Sphero MacroLab application  that mimics a timelapse photo set of solar flare activity.
- Convert image data  provided by STEREO into RGB color sets for use in macros and other projects.
- Generate custom macros on-the-fly based on the above RGB color sets.
- Generate an online cache of image sets to RGB color sets to make the color data available without the image processing overhead.
- Program Sphero directly using the Artoo micro-framework for robotics . Display the 'latest' image  provided by STEREO, or query for a custom set of images, or poll the data for realtime updates as new images become available.
- Push realtime solar flare activity to a Sphero instead of using a pull mechanism.
- Cause the Sphero to rumble for notifications of major solar flare activity.
#spaceapps #solarflare #sphero @spaceapps @gosphereo @spherodev @artoo
Project InformationLicense: Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0
Source Code/Project URL: https://github.com/aevans/Sphereo-Flares
Resources1. Sphero - http://www.gosphero.com/bsh/
2. STEREO gallery - http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/gallery.shtml
3. Sphero MacroLab app - http://www.gosphero.com/apps/
4. Artoo micro-framework for robots - http://artoo.io/
5. List of latest STEREO images - http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/beacon/latest/