This project is solving the Adopt-a-Spacecraft: Voyager 1 challenge.
Generate a LEGO brick version of the Voyager 1 spacecraft.
- Generate various mockups and sample assemblies using LDraw  and related tools.
- Generate a final model and render it using POV software.
- Make available the parts list for the final model (subject to available colors).
- Make available the sample assemblies and final model files and rendering scripts.
- Attempt to recreate the final model in LEGO Digital Designer .
- Attempt to produce a set of build instructions or an exploded view of the parts used in the final model.
- Encourage others to modify the design and renderings.
- Encourage others to build Voyager 1 from their available parts or find the parts needed.
Using Bricksmith  and the LDraw parts catalog , piece (no pun intended) together parts and sample assemblies that look like the Voyager 1 spacecraft. Where possible try to match the Voyager 1 look and feel.
Convert the generated LDraw files into POV files using LP3 .
Render the POV files using MegaPOV .
I specifically did not search for any existing LEGO Voyager sets or builds so that I could enjoy the challenge of building one myself.
#spaceapps #adoptvoyager #lego #ldraw #bricksmith
Project InformationLicense: BSD 2-Clause License
Source Code/Project URL: https://github.com/aevans/build_a_spacecraft_voyager_1
Resources1. LDraw - http://www.ldraw.org/
2. LEGO Digital Designer - http://ldd.lego.com/
3. Bricksmith - http://bricksmith.sourceforge.net/
4. LDraw parts collection - http://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html
5. L3P - http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p.html